Posted: Sunday, August 6, 2017 12:02 AM
Company Name:Disabled Resource Services
Compensation$62,000 to $75,000 Annually
Benefits Offered 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
The Board of Directors of Disabled Resource Services (DRS) in Fort Collins, Colorado announces the recruitment of a new Executive Director.
Position: Executive Director
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Salary Range: $62,000 - $75,000 annually
Anticipated Hire Date: October, 2017
Please include: Cover Letter, Resume, Salary Requirements and 3 professional references to:
Attention: ED Search Committee
USPS: 1017 Robertson Street, Unit B
Fort Collins, CO 80524-3915
Applications will be reviewed and interviews schedule beginning August 1, 2017. Position will remain in open status until the hiring process is complete.
About Disabled Resource Services:
Disabled Resource Services is a non-profit organization in northern Colorado serving individuals with disabilities in Larimer and Jackson counties. DRS was established in 1978 and is one of nine certified Centers for Independent Living in the state of Colorado providing a wide range of services including advocacy, information and referral, independent living skills training, peer support and transitions. DRS helps over 6,000 people annually through our Access to Independence program. Approximately 97% of those individuals living below the poverty level.
DRS Mission Statement:
Disabled Resource Services empowers individuals with disabilities to achieve their maximum level of independence through services supporting advocacy, awareness and access to their community.
Goals of DRS:
· Provide quality services efficiently and effectively
· Be a reliable support system to people in need
· Assist individuals with meeting identified goals
· Ensure services increase independence
· Enhance the quality of life of people served
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall success of Disabled Resource Services and its operation including planning, fiscal and personnel management, funding, governmental compliance and community relations as well as other functions in line with DRS’s mission. The Executive Director will provide leadership and vision, implement Board policies and supervise staff.
· Master’s degree in disability studies, social work, counselling or a related field. (Note: A combination of Bachelor’s degree and experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.)
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position of a non-profit organization.
· Understanding of and dedication to independent living philosophy. (personal experience with disability desired)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the successful fiscal management of the organization.
· Develops and executes the Organization’s operational plan that includes budget, financial analysis, team development and program needs in collaboration with staff, board of directors.
· Ensures that all financial reporting and records are processed and maintained in a timely manner and in accordance with all governmental regulation requirements.
· Ensures grant requirements are met.
· Oversees organizational and programmatic operations.
· Coordinates and facilitates meetings.
· Supervises management staff.
· Performs management staff performance reviews.
· Oversees compliance for Independent Living Center certification.
· Ensures agency meets contract compliance for grant awards.
· Performs additional duties, as required.
· Consults, reviews and writes supplemental grant proposals.
· Defends grant proposals before review panels.
· Ensures execution of Wine Fest fundraiser.
· Represents organization to Colorado Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC).
· Maintains membership in Association of Colorado Centers for Independent Living (ACCIL).
· Consults on and prepares reports to funders.
· Gives DRS presentations to the public/other agencies.
· Promotes DRS through networking events.
· Represents DRS/disability issues in the community.
· Submits articles to media sources.
· Reviews legislations, advocates for and educates on disability issues.
· Participates in local organizations/groups as DRS representative.
Responsible for overseeing, recruiting, and stewarding the board and future board development.
Works closely with the board chair, schedules board meetings and advises board on organization and program status and needs.
Track and report on DRS’s strategic plan goals
Plans board-staff meetings and functions.
Disabled Resource Services is an equal opportunity employer providing opportunity to all people regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or marital status.
• Location: Fort Collins, CO, Ft Collins
• Post ID: 40041663 fortcollins