Vice President of Operations
Organization: Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County
Organization Type: 501(c)(3)
Job Location: Front Range
Type of Job: Full-time
Job Category: Administrative | Executive | Programs/Services
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Oversees Club operations, programs, safety, and property for all Boys & Girls Club sites (5-7 separate locations). Leads operations and program staff initiatives and development. Works as a part of the organization’s leadership team to help strategically plan for growth, and develop policies and procedures to increase the optimal experience for Club members.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Oversee the implementation and delivery of operations, programs, services, and activities that facilitate achievement of youth development outcomes.
2. Ensure the 5 key elements for positive youth development are ingrained in each Club.
3. Ensure that all Clubs are implementing all aspects of Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s tools for optimum Club experiences effectively.
4. Ensures grant requirements are met and related evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
5. Oversee program evaluation systems that showcase program impact.
6. Outreach to community members on programmatic engagement and partnerships.
7. Develop and lead a Programmatic Steering Committee comprised of board members, staff, youth, and parents.
8. Lead the organization’s alignment to BGCA’s Impact 2025 plan.
9. Ensure that programs are developmentally safe, and culturally inclusive for all Club members.
1. Oversee property management including but not limited to maintenance, Club safety, and risk mitigation.
2. Conduct quarterly walk-throughs at each Club and Program Support Center to audit potential safety or maintenance concerns.
3. Responsible for risk management development and oversight.
4. Advise finance personnel on Club needs and cost.
5. Assist in the planning of fixed assets replacement schedule.
1. Oversee all Unit Directors and operation’s department by providing them adequate support, feedback, supervision, and guidance.
2. Ensure all staff, volunteers, and other individuals follow Club protocol and procedures.
3. Oversee and direct the volunteer program.
4. Ensure that all program staff receive needed training and coaching.
5. Ensure that BGCLC is meeting all requirements of insurance carriers (driver’s training, bloodborne pathogen training, CPR, First Aid, emergency evacuation plans, etc).
6. Maintain and develop a Safety Committee that reviews incidents and determines action steps needed.
7. Assist in the creation and maintenance of job descriptions, reviews, and personnel documents.
10. Oversee the identification and evaluation of opportunities to improve program effectiveness on the basis of participation and achievement of stated goals. Recommends modifications to improve performance, as appropriate.
11. Align BGCLC with National Initiatives including Impact 2025.
12. Help to open new Club programs and locations in needed areas throughout Larimer County.
13. Conduct annual surveys and focus groups to identify ways in which BGCLC can improve on youth development, staff development, organizational growth, and service delivery models.
14. Lead in developing and cultivating strategic partnerships within community agencies and organizations to further advance Club programs.
15. Assists in agency budget development; monitor and report variances in revenues and expenditures.
16. Assist as needed with organizational resource development projects, events, grants, donor cultivation.
17. Regularly invite individuals, corporations, and foundation guests to the Clubs for tours.
18. Work with Chief Executive Officer and Vice President of Development as needed on cultivating major donors.
19. Communicate and report out regularly to Resource Development staff on Club programs and events.
Internal: Maintains close contact with staff to provide technical assistance in matters of property and risk management ; interacts regularly with Chief Executive Officer and as assigned with the Board and its committees.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, and others.
- A minimum of 5 years works experience in a nonprofit agency operations management and supervision, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of BGC: and the principles and practices of nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and coordinate operations; facilities management; and budget management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff and Program Support Center.
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000 with company paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, long and short-term disability, vacation, holiday and sick pay. Additionally, eligibility to participate in 401K plan and wellness/fitness program membership.
Send resume and letter of interest to Assistant Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org